Thursday, November 11, 2010

Online Classes &




I've signed up for online classes because of convenience purposes. My boyfriend owns Video Trader in Heath (a small video game/dvd store) and he spends the majority of the week running the business, while I'm in charge of the e-commerce. Our son, Aidyn, is 2 1/2 and we are both the type of parents who are reluctant to put him in daycare (I'm not saying that daycare is bad, its just something I'd prefer not to do).

Taking online classes and working from home makes it easy for me to multi-task with work and school at the same time. And also being able to complete assignments on my time is essential for me with a little youngster in the house.

While I enjoy online classes, I do still try to balance them with more conventional classes because I really think that class room interaction is essential to the overall college experience.

4 comments:

  1. April,
    "Amen" to everything you said. Sounds like you have put a great deal of thought into your priorities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes finding a balance is key. Just being back in the classroom enviorment to some adusting for me and I put off taking an online course as much as possible. I still work and have four kids so it came to a point were I had to give in to mixing in an online class with my classes. I live in Granville so getting to campus is not an issue, time is the issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete